Thursday, January 8, 2009

flooding

Today it is very wet out side. The news is now going crazy bout the flooding going on in spokane. As Holly said in her blog the temp. has been in the 40's and the snow is melting rapidly. Yesterday I was looking out out back window and the snow was melting so fast that is was a steady stream coming off our roof. I also heard on the news this morning that there is a Hwy some where close that is closed due to flooding and the water is 10 FEET deep over the road. How crazy is that?!

I am listening to the Today show on tv and they were just talking about this story that is a big thing right now. I don't know if you all have heard of it but it is ridiculous. This guy gave his kidney to his wife a while back because she needed a transplant. Well, now they are getting a divorce and he wants his kidney back. :P How stupid is that?! You can't just take an organ back that you have donated. What a moron!!

Anyway, the kids are doing good. Kadin is mad about the snow melting however. He said hes mad because when the snow melts he can't go sledding anymore and has to go back to school. :)LOL Today the school is closed again though because they are shoveling snow off the roof. I don't know how much shoveling they have to do though because the snow is melting so fast. *shrug* I don't know.
Easton is doing ok. He has been extra whiny the last 3 days. I don't know why but let me tell you it is driving me bonkers! Between him and Brooke all day I am ready to pull my hair out by noon. :P Its one of those whiny stages where if you just say his name he gets mad and starts crying. uhg!!
Brooke is doing pretty good. around 6pm every day her tummy gets upset and lasts for about 1 hour or so. Poor girl! She loves her bouncer though. It doesn't have batteries right now but she still likes it which is nice. She doesn't like to be held in the "baby" position (laying down) much anymore. She wants to be held up right so she can look around. She has been staying awake longer during the day which is good and bad. :) Good because she sleeps better at night, bad because I don't get anything done during the day. She is eating more now also which helps her sleep longer at night too. she eats 4 oz. every 3 hours. Those 3 hours seem to fly by too because it feels like she eats constantly. But if I give her any more then 4 oz she throws up after wards. :/
You know when I was in the hospital? My friend Amanda made it a tradition to come every Fri. and bring popcorn and a movie. It was always so much fun. Well, now Amandas husband was just deployed and she has a hard time at night so I told her we are going to start the tradition again.She was very excited so tomorrow I am going to her house after the kids go to bed and we are going to have a girls night. Our friend Destiny is coming too. I am really looking forward to it.

Well, I better get going. Talk later!

2 comments:

Tim and Holly said...

I know what you mean about feeling like you're feeding Brooke constantly. Cian, until he was about 4 months old, ate every 2 hours. He wouldn't let it go any longer then that without fussing. I felt like I lived with my shirt halfway off lol.

Anonymous said...

That's really nice of you to do the girls night thing for Amanda! Very thoughtful and fun for all :)