Thursday, November 27, 2008

setting things straight

OK, first things first. Brooke is fine. She is healthy, eating good, and gets to come home today. Second, yes she had to stay in the NICU but just as a precaution. As you have heard, when she eats she doesn't breath she just gulps and then turns purple. When you take the bottle out of her mouth she takes a big breath and turns pink again. After the doc saw her and watched her a few times while she ate she was getting better at it and said he thought it was just a coordination thing and it will take a couple days and she should get it. And he was right, she is eating well now and not turning colors anymore. :) They did some blood tests and her white blood cell count came back abnormal so that is why they wanted to keep her a little while longer in case of an infection. But they did another test yesterday and everything is back to normal so they said she is fine and has NO INFECTION and she is ready to come home.

I have to go so we can call the hospital and see when we can pick Brooke up today. We ask that you would please hold your phone calls for a little while as we get her home and settled and spend this first day with Brooke. I also wanted to tell everyone that if something is happening or what ever we would call you. I have heard that some people are getting upset because I don't answer the phone or anything. Well, I have only been home for a day and half now and Brooke isn't even here so that has been hard for us. Yesterday we spent allot of the day at the hospital with Brooke so we haven't been home to call anyone or anything. We have allot on our plate right now with me being so sore I can barely walk, Brooke in the hospital, trying to get the car taken care of and the boys too. So please if everyone would please stay calm and know everything is ok and if something were happening remember we WOULD CALL YOU. What happened to the saying "No news is good news" ? We would never hide anything from anyone. That is not how we work and if you think different then we are sorry we gave that impression. But like I said ALOT has happened in the last few days and my daughter is more important then phone calls right now. I mean come on I had her in the car for goodness sake, give me a break on not calling ok. I love you all and sorry if this last paragraph was to blunt or rude but it all had to be said to set people straight.

When we get home and get settled (which might be a day or two) I will give the full story on the birthing of little Brooke. Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Thank you for updating us Amber. We have been anxious to hear about little Brooke and you, but TOTALLY understand the need to just be with your own family and focus on recovery. You've had such a trip this pregnancy, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now to have her arrive so suddenly and under such strange circumstances! If it were me, I think I'd be feeling pretty shell-shocked and overwhelmed. Maybe a little traumatized too.

Take care of yourself and enjoy getting to know your darling daughter... we'll be here whenever you want to share details :) We are just happy that you are both safe and sound.

Love ya, and happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

God has answered our prayers! I'm so glad you can spend Thanksgiving with little Brooke at home. Please kiss the top of her head for me - and the all the boys too. I so enjoyed my time with them.
Love,
Marlene/Grammy

Kaylyn said...

hurray for a healthy little girl! i am so excited for you and the boys. i bet they will spoil that little girl.

hopefully you will be settled in and feeling better soon! can't wait for some sweet little photos.....congrats to you!