Hello everyone,
I am just sitting here in the hospital being bored so I thought I would write a blog to update everyone. Daralyn already did a little so thank you Dar. I know I am not good at keeping everyone informed. On Sunday Josh and I got a tour of the NICU. It was very interesting how things work up there (its on the 4th floor). They have 2 babies to one room and have it all set up for being there for a long time. They have a little couch, drawers, recliner, etc... Kids under 3 yrs are not allowed up there which is going to be hard for Easton. But we will manage. We are also allowed to take one person at a time so everyone will get to see her too.
While we were there. We got to see a little boy. Him and is twin brother were born at 25 weeks and the little one we saw was born at 1lb 15oz. When we saw him he was 31weeks so he was a little bigger but he is still very small. He was so cute!!! The tour was good for me to see because we now know what to expect.
Then yesterday, I was finally able to be pushed in a wheel chair outside. It was so nice!!!!!!!!!! So Josh and the boys took me for a little walk. We went out were there was a fountain and flowers. It was very nice and they said that we can do that from now on. YIPPYYYYYY!!!
Yesterday I had another ultasound and they said my cervix is starting to open now and is paper thin. The doc came in last night while I was having intense contractions and said she thinks that the baby will come some time this week. I am nervous and happy all at the same time. She would have to be in the hospital for about 2 months or so. But with all the ultrasounds and echos they say she is healthy so that is a relief.
Well, I better get going. I have to get monitors on and all that jazz. Love you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Best of luck Amber. I've been asking so many people I know if they know of any premie babies and WOW was I amazed at how many there are and how healthy they are. Your little baby girl will be the most beautiful baby. Please let me know if there is anything I can bring you or help Josh in anyway.
God Bless
Kat
I have been and will be praying SO HARD for our little girl. She is already so loved and I know she will have the best of care when she makes her appearance.
Yay for being able to go outside!! That must be SO nice. :) I'm glad they're letting you do that.
Love you.
I'm glad she's looking so healthy! You guys are being thoroughly prayed for. I hope these days/weeks will go slowly for her yet quickly for you! :) Love,
Lindy
It made my day to hear from you Amber! Lindy and Dar have been doing a good and loving job of keeping us informed and steering us in the right direction for prayer...you are all hemmed in. I can't wait to see your beautiful little girl, but I hope that she stays put just as long as she can (girls are suppose to keep you waiting!). I am so grateful that she will have excellent care when she does arrive...and a loving family to greet her! Aunt Deanne
Thanks for the update Amber!
I was on bedrest for a month with Ethan but I was able to stay at home. Heavens, it was hard! I can only imagine its that much worse being at the hospital and away from your comforts of home.
Hang in there... every day Miss Hollenbeck stays in utero is one day less you'll have to stay after she's born :)
Post a Comment