Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brookes Doc appointment

It is a windy day today and is suppose to rain for the next 3 days. :/ Ah well, it is better then snow in my book!
Yesterday I took Brooke to the doc and she has bronchitis. :( Poor thing. She has to have a breathing treatment every 6 hours and she hates it. She cries the whole time. when we were there they weighted her and she is 12 lb now. I didn't catch how long she was but a few weeks ago she was almost 23 inches.
Eastons cold is still hanging on too. If he doesn't clear up soon then I will take him in too. Last night he woke up coughing and that went on for about a half an hour. :( Also last night I was giving the boys a bath and we were playing with this Elmo foam soap that Easton got for Christmas. It is red and you can spray it into different designs and stuff. Well, before I could stop him he took a big bite of the soap and 2 seconds later he was throwing up. I felt so bad for him but it was kind of funny too. Kadin was in the tub too and as soon as he saw Easton throw up he was out of that tub like a bullet yelling "EW!!! GROSS!!!!" He was perched up on the toilet like he had seen a mouse or something and he had red soap all over him. It was quite a funny site. I got everyone rinsed off and out so I could clean the tub. Easton didn't really seem phased by it so that was good. I will spare you the details but the tub was gross. After I cleaned that I looked at Josh and told him I was done for the night. :) He just chuckled and said sure thing.
Kadin is doing good. He is such a big help to me. He is such a caring little boy! I don't even ask him and he does things for his siblings. For example, I was sitting here writing this to you all and he asked if he could have bread with butter for a snack. I said sure and he said he could do it him self. When he was done he came out with 3 pieces. Two for him and one for Easton. It was so nice and Easton thanked him with a big smile and a lick of his lips. It was so cute! I love them so much. Kadin is the best big brother!
Josh is doing well. He is still fighting off this cold too but he is winning so far. He has very sweet and thoughtful lately. I don't know what has gotten in to him. :) He keeps surprising me with little things like for example: I read a book at night and every few chapters I find a little note from him saying things like, you are a good mom, and your baking and decorating of cakes amazes me, and your deal finding is awesome, etc.. It is so sweet. I have been thourally enjoying it. Like I said I don't know what has gotten into him but I love it. :)
Not much is going on this week. We have a girls night on Fri. so that will be nice. That's about it though. Kinda boring!!
Well I better get going. Kids nee to be tended to. :)

5 comments:

DARALYN said...

I, too, went to the dr yesterday and got anitbiotics for bronchitis... It's miserable. They seeds of love the wife and mother plant will bloom in those who basque in your garden... You have a special family :)

Tim and Holly said...

It sounds like you're surrounded by love lately. What happiness. :)

Lindy said...

Poor Brooke. :( I hope she can kick it quickly now that it's being helped more effectively.

And poor Easton! LOL I'm sorry but that is kind of funny. :) Great story you'll probably tell a hundred times over his lifetime.

What sweetness for Josh to write those notes to you... I bet every girl who reads that is melting like I am. :)

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "kinda boring"? From the sounds of it, you don't have a boring moment in your day!
How I would love to have witnessed the bath episode. Can just see Kadin flying out of that tub.
What a romantic thing to do with the notes. That's my grandson :)
Love,
Marlene/Grammy

Anonymous said...

Josh really is so wonderful. I'm so thankful he is in your life. You are blessed.

For coughing, you should try putting vicks vapor rub on the bottoms of their feet. It really does seem to help. Stac thought I was crazy, then he tried it and he's hooked. Take Care! I Love You! Talana